½ of 16 oz. bag of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing (wheat bread style)
½ of 8 oz.bag of Soy Curls™ (2 cups)
½ small can of mushrooms (optional)
½ small can of sliced water chestnuts (optional)
1 cup of soy milk (non-vanilla is better) or other milk or vegetable broth
½ large onion, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic
½ red sweet, bell pepper, diced
½ green, bell pepper, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/8 cup nutritional yeast flakes
¼ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 ½ Tbsp. Butler Chik-Style Seasoning™ (or seasoning of your choice)
1. Cover the Soy Curls™ with hot water and let soak for about 8-10 minutes.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350°
3. Select a good sized frying pan and put the olive oil in and sauté the onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, fresh garlic and celery, until wilted. Add a little onion and garlic powder to this mixture as it cooks.
4. Remove about ¾ of the sautéed veggies from the frying pan and put into a large mixing bowl with the Pepperidge Farm Stuffing.
5. Add 1 ½ Tbsp. of Chik-Style Seasoning™ and the Soy Curls™ to the remaining veggies in the frying-pan lightly browning the Soy Curls™ and thoroughly mixing in the seasoning.
6. In a large bowl mix the veggies, Soy Curls™, stuffing, yeast flakes and soy milk. Mix well and place in a casserole dish that has been oiled or sprayed with non-stick spray. If you choose to add water chestnuts, press them into the loaf at this time. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned on top.
Serve with your favorite gravy or cranberry sauce. Serves 7.